Monday 9 February 2015

We will be us.

Perhaps,
For the valentine we can take a walk around the streets
of the city in the sun.
Red dresses and men with bouquets
Rushing to deliver them before they wither,
and glasses of red wines, red like blood,
filled up along sweet melodies of Celine and Shania
Or the Coldplay whispering sky full of stars.

In those red dresses, red wines and red roses
I will show you how love dies.
I will remind you that in 2004 I dropped a red rose
into the eternal home of my lovely auntie
A painful reality that roses are bloody thirtsy.
On the valentine, I will show you men blowing air
into the mouth of love praying for resurrection
While in their pockets the phone beams in fury
as Lena, that girl who sells beer at the Club Geo
tries to announce the good news that she has cooked
a French delicacy for the valentine night, with some
imported Marseille wine. The wine has a special touch of
an enhancement for a whole night of kisses and blisses.

I will show you the sadness in happiness
The pretense in smiles and grimaces in laughters
and the left side of Rouse where her sweetest darling
pulled hair from, last week when they fought
over a dildo found in Rouse’s handbag.
Jeff will turn late for the Valentine date, at 10 O’clock.
Curse his boss and whine about quitting job
for a self thing. Yet again.
That is before her cat sees the red stick oh his collar shirt
and a smell of Givenchy inside his pants.
They will fight and break up. This valentine.

I will take you to the highlands where Peninah will serve us tea
She will look at you badly,
badly because she loves to see me alone.
She serves me tea, the big mug, with smiles and grins
Making me go agape on her honey pot, you know,
She always keeps the twenty bob change.
I always ask, does she smile to me or the twenty bob?
Don’t worry about her though, in her league there is Code
Remember Code? that bloody bastard who walks around with me
He loves boasting about his bedroom exploits.

You see, Cher, we will go home after the tea
buy half-a goat meet and sukuma wiki  from Mama Moraa
we will light the candle as we always do
eat from the same plate and drink my Asconi wine
Then, just like you, just like us,
wait for the valentine to pass.
We will stay away from red things, we want life
we don’t want death and blood.
As we swim in the richness of our veins,
and arrogance of our arteries
resurrections of love will turn to ghost dreams
and in the clubs
red roses will be smashed
red wine will be poured
red dresses will smell beer
Love will die. Ours will live.




No comments: